If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Shrikhand is a tangy and creamy Indian yogurt pudding generously flavored with saffron and cardamom. If your like yogurt and cardamom, you will totally love this! —kulsum Kunwa
- 1 1/2 pounds yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 pinch Saffron
- 1/4 cup almonds and pistachio mix
- To make hung yogurt use a muslin cloth to strain the yogurt overnight.(Tie up the edges of the cloth and make a knot. Hang it somewhere where in the kitchen so the liquid drains into a pot.
- Whisk the sugar and yogurt together till the sugar dissolves. I like to use 1/4 cup sugar but depending on your yogurt's tartness and your sugar preference you can add more.
- Mix in the cardamom and saffron. Refrigerate for upto 4 hours.
- Garnish with nuts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom
More Great Recipes: Desserts
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
We've got the (summer) blues.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
Have a ball (jar).