Author Notes: Shrikhand is a tangy and creamy Indian yogurt pudding generously flavored with saffron and cardamom. If your like yogurt and cardamom, you will totally love this! - kulsum Kunwa
- 1 1/2 pound yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 pinch Saffron
- 1/4 cup almonds and pistachio mix
- To make hung yogurt use a muslin cloth to strain the yogurt overnight.(Tie up the edges of the cloth and make a knot. Hang it somewhere where in the kitchen so the liquid drains into a pot.
- Whisk the sugar and yogurt together till the sugar dissolves. I like to use 1/4 cup sugar but depending on your yogurt's tartness and your sugar preference you can add more.
- Mix in the cardamom and saffron. Refrigerate for upto 4 hours.
- Garnish with nuts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom