If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This will make your home smell amazing! I originally came across this recipe on Molly Wizenberg's blog (she adapted it from Nigella Lawson) and I am continually modifying it. I love that it's all nuts, seeds, and oats because I think dried fruit makes it too sweet. I recently started mixing in cardamom and somehow, it's flavor is more suited for my grown up tastes. After all kinds of additions from coconut flakes to almond slivers, below is what I believe to be a near perfect, hearty granola. - HumbleBean
Makes 10 cups
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 3 cups pecan or walnut halves
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- With racks in the upper and lower third of the oven, preheat to 300 degrees.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients and mix well. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- On two rimmed baking sheets, spread the oat mixture evenly and place in the oven. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes total, making sure to take the sheets out of the oven every 10 minutes to stir the mixture for even baking.
- When finished baking, take out the sheets and stir well to prevent from hardening into a solid sheet. The mixture should be a little soft, but it will turn crisp once it cools.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.