Author Notes: This recipe is an attempt to replicate and improve upon a cocktail that we enjoyed recently at one of our favorite restaurants: Oleana in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
The goal was to enjoy the magical relationship of cardamom and peaches. The cardamom simple syrup can be used as a springboard for other beverages along with poached fruit desserts. - sticksnscones
Makes 1 cocktail
Cardamom Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup whole cardamom pods- slightly crushed
- 2 cups granulated sugar
For each cocktail
- 1/2 ounce cardamom simple syrup
- 1 ounce peach nectar- Looza brand is wonderful
- 8 ounces Prosecco
- thinly sliced peaches- for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water and cardamom pods. Bring to a boil.
- Add the sugar and return to a boil. Lower heat & simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a jar. Store in the refrigerator.
- For each cocktail: Pour the simple syrup and peach nectar into a wine glass or champagne flute.
- Slowly pour in the Prosseco. Garnish with a slice of peach and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom