If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe combines two of my favorite comfort foods: chai tea and oatmeal. The oatmeal is scented with the wonderful flavors of cinnamon, ginger, and of course cardamom. —Ordinary Blogger (Rivki Locker)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup milk (I use skim)
- 1 1-inch knob of ginger, peeled and sliced thin
- 5 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 black peppercorns
- 2/3 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey, optional
- Combine the water, milk, ginger and spices in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over a medium flame and then immediately remove from the heat.
- Cover the saucepan and let the milk sit for about 1/2 hour.
- After the milk has been steeping for about 1/2 hour, drain it, discarding the ginger and spices and putting the flavored milk back in the saucepan.
- Add the oatmeal to the saucepan and bring to a boil over low heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes, until the oatmeal is as soft as you like it.
- Sweeten, if desired. Serve hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
These snacks are independent.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
49 new dinnerware pieces.
A handy saucepan.