Author Notes: This is the easiest recipe ever, but it tastes delicious. I created it when I first got a slow cooker, because I love rice pudding. The proportions come from some rice pudding recipes from Mark Bittman, who prepared his in the oven, but a slow cooker is more energy efficient and convenient. The cooking time needs to be calibrated to any individual slow cooker. - Fairmount_market
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1/3 cup rice, such as jasmine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 handful toasted almond slivers for garnish
- 1 handful sliced fresh figs or some other fruit for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except the almonds and fruit in a slow cooker and cook on low for about 6 hours until all the milk has absorbed and the pudding has thickened. If a skin forms on the top, you can just stir this into the pudding at the end.
- Serve garnished with toasted slivered almonds and, if you have some, fresh sliced figs, or you could use sections of clementines.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom