If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you can stop eating it, the next day it will taste even better. classic Americana made richer with some Mediterranean with 3 touches of paprika. —Cordelia
- 1.5 onions (preferably sweet)
- 2 bell peppers (one green and one orange\yellow)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 very full tablespoons of sweet paprika preferably Moroccan, mixed with oil)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1.5 teaspoons hot Hungarian paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pound ground beef (15/85)
- 1 can of white kidney beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Slice the onion to a medium dice.
- Put the olive oil in a deep and heavy pan and add the onion. Add 1/4 of a teaspoon of salt. Sauté on medium heat for 10 min. Onion should not get color, just get soft and translucent.
- Dice the bell pepper to medium cubes. Add to the pan and sauté for another 7 min, until soft.
- Mince the garlic, add to the pan and sauté for 60 sec.
- Add the tomato paste, sauté for 2 min mixing most of the time, to caramelize the paste.
- Add all the spices, mix well and sauté for 60 sec to develop spices taste and fragrance.
- Add the meat, break it down to very small pieces, while sautéing for 5-7min.
- Rinse the beans and add them and the diced tomatoes to the pan. Mix well. .
- Add the liquid smoke (more or less depends on how smoky you like it), salt (about a teaspoon) & pepper and 1/2 of water.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and let the chili simmer in a covered pan for 1 hour.
- Mix from time to time and see if it needs a bit more water or salt.
- Enjoy as is, or over rice, with a corn bread or even over pasta. Even better the next day
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Beans
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Paprika
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
The invincible beer can chicken.
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.