If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love this one pot meal. I originally found it on epicurious.com and since then have made quite a few variations depending upon what is in my fridge and pantry. It is great any time of year, but I especially like it in the winter when a cozy one pot meal is ideal. The flavors of the salty olives with the in season citrus satisfy any salty, sweet, and sour cravings.
This is a great recipe to double and share with a friend or neighbour. —bffoodie
- 3/4 pound boneless chicken thighs cut into strips
- 1/2 small chicken breast cut into strips
- 1 cup yellow or Spanish rice mix with seasonings
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup pimento stuffed Spanish olives, cut in half
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 3-4 oranges (one for zesting and squeezing as above)
- salt & pepper
- 1 bunch cilantro (optional)
- Cut the chicken into 1/2 inch strips.
- Add oil to a large pot that has a lid and heat it slowly.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Go light on the salt since the seasoning packet and olives will add salt to the dish as well.
- Add the chicken to the pot and brown over medium high heat.
- Once the chicken begins to brown, add the zest and garlic.
- Add the liquids (water and orange juice) before the garlic begins to scorch but give the zest and garlic a little time to cook first.
- Once the liquid begins to boil add the rice and seasoning packet (You can also use a cup of rice and your own mix of "Spanish rice" seasonings) and olives.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cover the pot. Cook for about 20 minutes. The rice should be tender and the liquid absorbed.
- If you like cilantro, chop up some fresh cilantro to sprinkle over the dish as it is served.
- Cut the rest of the oranges into wedges and serve with the Brazilian Chicken.
- Bon appetit!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives
The Best Thing since Sliced Bread
Crispy cheese has our hearts
We are in love—with this toast.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
It's in the bag.