If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my all-time favorite dishes. It was adapted from an old Rachel-Ray Moroccan chicken dish I found in a magazine a few years ago. My recipe uses a different cooking technique, sprinkle of cilantro, lemon zest for extra flavor, ground cinnamon instead of a cinnamon stick and cubed chicken breasts instead of thighs as I am not a fan of working while I eat. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have over the years! —Table9
- 1.5 Pounds Boneless Chicken Breasts,Cut into 1 1/2" cubes
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion, Thinly Sliced
- 3 Fresh Garlic Cloves, Crushed
- 2-3 Meyer Lemons, 1 thinly sliced + 1 teaspoon lemon zest + 1 juiced
- 1 cup Large Green Olives, Pitted
- 2 teaspoons Ground Tumeric
- 2 teaspoons Ground Coriander
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Chopped Cilantro (optional topper)
- Mix all spices and lemon zest in a bowl, blot the chicken and toss in spice mixture. Coat each piece of chicken well. Set aside and let chicken sit for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, heat olive oil and toss in chicken pieces. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Cook chicken until slightly brown, because the chicken will continue to cook through out the dish you do not want to over cook it here.
- Add onions, garlic and sliced lemon to chicken. Cook until onions are soft about 6-7 minutes. Pour in the chicken stock and olives. Cook for another 5-8 minutes until reduced. Remove skillet from heat and squeeze in juice from the remaining lemon.
- Spoon over couscous, little drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.