Author Notes: With the Superbowl approaching this weekend I thought it would be a great time to submit a tapenade recipe that was unique and would stand up to the toughest crowd. I think this one will do the trick. Enjoy with a nice cracker or as a crostini. - Table9
Serves a crowd
- 2 cups Kalamata Olives, Pitted and Pimentos Pulled Out
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Zest
- 2 tablespoons Flax Oil
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Thyme
- Soak olives in water for 30 minutes. Drain and place in food processor along with lemon zest, pulse 10 times. With food processor running, slowly pour in flax oil. Once mixed check to see if mixture is grainy without large chunks. If it has some large chunks, scrape down the sides and pulse until you have the right consistency.
- Scoop out mixture into a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve. When ready to serve, add lemon juice and chopped basil. Stir to combine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives