If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had a glut of Meyer lemons one year and preserved some in salt, with cardamom and bay leaves. They were really nice to look at but I didn't have a clue what I'd do with them all. Enter Daphne, a good friend and a great hand in the kitchen! This is an adaptation of her recipe; it's so yummy you'll be mopping up the sauce with a crust of bread when you're done. Daphne says to serve this over white rice; I can't argue with her, it's really good. - CottageGourmet
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or pressed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - 3/4 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 small jar green olives with pimentos, thinly sliced
- 1/4 preserved lemon, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- In a heavy pot or Dutch oven heat the olive oil till it shimmers. Add the chicken in batches if necessary, browning on both sides. Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onions, garlic, salt & pepper to the pot and cook till the onions are transparent, about 10 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pot and add the white wine and chicken broth. Bring to a bare simmer and cook covered for about an hour.
- When the chicken is done, transfer to a serving bowl and cover.
- Continue cooking the sauce over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until it's reduced by about a third. Add the preserved lemons and olives and simmer gently for about 10 minutes, long enough for the flavors to marry.
- Return the chicken to the pot once again and heat through.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives
Baking Projects for Mother's Day
10 ways to show and share your love.
Mother's Day Baking Projects
Heavenly DIY lavender sachets.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.