Author Notes: While others may think of a tagine or a pasta dish, when I think of citrus and olives, I think: Martini! My father was a devoted martini drinker, enjoying a gin martini on the rock every day at 5 PM until the day he died (at the age of 86). He used a twist of lemon along with one or two pimento-stuffed olives. I love that combination and carry on the tradition. However, unlike my father, I have adapted a combination of half gin and half vodka, served straight up. I find this combination very smooth and seductive. My father loved Beefeater’s gin, but I prefer Tanqueray or Bombay Sapphire. My vodka of choice is a local organic vodka, called Prairie. Nevertheless, Dad, this drink is dedicated to you! - JoanG
- 2 ounces your favorite plain vodka
- 2 ounces your favorite gin
- 2 strips of thin lemon peel
- 4 large, pimento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 capful of dry, white vermouth
- 1 cup ice
- Mix gin, vodka and vermouth in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake hard and quickly.
- Strain and pour into 2 chilled martini glasses).
- Garnish each glass with la emon twist and 2 olives (on a toothpick
- Take a sip, enjoy, and know that life is good.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives