If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My husband likes to often have what he calls a "chunk salad", which normally consists of onion, tomato and cucumber. I turned this one into a variation of a mediterranean village salad, but omitted the feta and red wine vinegar which is traditional and substituted a Greek sheep's milk cheese called Kasseri and then used lemon juice for dressing. - inpatskitchen
Serves 6 as a side
- 1 English cucumber,cut in 1/2 inch slices and then into half moons
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded, cored and diced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 4 ounces Kasseri cheese, cut in small cubes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup xtra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all but the lemon juice and olive oil. Whisk the lemon juice and olive oil, pour over the salad and gently combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill for about 30 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.