If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- splashes soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice, fresh-squeezed
- chicken broth as needed
- 1 can of mackerel with tomato sauce
- 1 handful pitted green olives, chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 0.5 cups Parmesan cheese
- 1 hard-boiled egg, peeled
- Cook garlic, onion, and zucchini in a pan or skillet with a splash of soy sauce and orange juice and the mackerel tomato sauce, until almost cooked through.
- On a separate small pot, cook the soaked and drained rice in chicken broth. With a fork, flake up the mackerel in the can, and then pour the whole thing into the rice. Add the green olives.
- Continue cooking, and adding chicken broth, until the rice soaks up all the liquid and is cooked through.
- Get a baking dish, spray with with PAM. Pile the onion/zucchini mixture on the bottom, then layer the rice/mackerel mixture on top. Sprinkle generously with both cheeses.
- Bake/broil the dish at about 475 degree Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and toasted. Serve with boiled egg on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
The invincible beer can chicken.
The chicest apron around.