If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my favourite fast food recipes from a wonderful English cook, Nigel Slater. It perfectly combines the citrus tang of the oranges with the sticky browned skin of the chicken and the sharp contrast of the olives. Truly a taste of the Mediterranean —Glistener
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 chicken legs
- 8 ounces chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 12 black olives
- 1 orange cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- pinches salt
- pinches ground black pepper
- Heat oil and 1oz (25g) butter in a sauté pan
- Brown the chicken on both sides and then add the chicken stock
- Stir in the thyme, olives and orange slices
- Cover and simmer for 20 mins.
- Check the chicken is cooked then remove the pieces to a warm plate. Cover with foil.
- Taste the sauce; add the parsley, and pepper. Add salt if needed.
- Turn up the heat and bubbling gently, reduce the sauce to ¼ pint (150ml)
- Whisk in the remaining butter, creating a shiny thickened sauce.
- Remove the foil from the chicken and pour the sauce over. Serve with noodles, cous cous or bulgar wheat and a green salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives
What to Watch (and Cook to) on Netflix
Eat this from the comfort of your couch
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
It's time to travel.
Hone and design links we love.
Off to market.