If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm always looking for new weekday dinners that i can make quickly enough when i get home from work that i don't snack my way past hunger. But I want these meals to have a home-cooked taste and not be made from jars and boxes of this and that. This recipe incorporates three flavors that I love together: lemon, feta and black olives. I really can't think of a better way to make chicken.
Serves two large portions
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 2 ounces feta
- 10 black olives
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon garlic olive oil
- combine 1/4 cup chicken broth, 1/4 cup white wine, 1/2 of the lemon (zest and juice), 1/2 tsp garlic, 1 tsp shallot, 1/2 tsp sea salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in a bowl with chicken breasts. let marinate about an hour.
- combine feta, black olives and 1 tsp dried parsley in a food processor until finely chopped.
- remove chicken from marinate and cut a pocket into your chicken breasts, the best way is to hold the breast in your hand and cut into about 2/3 down, leaving the bottom sealed but opening up the top to fill each with half the filling.
- fill each breast with half the filling.
- warm a skillet to medium heat, add garlic olive oil.
- place chicken breasts in pan, cooking 6-8 minutes per side, or until juices run clear.
- remove chicken from pan, add remaining 1/2 cup of chicken stock, remaining half of lemon (juice and zest) and 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter. stir with whisk to incorporate all the brown bits on the pan.
- warm gravy for about 3-4 minutes.
- return chicken to the pan, spooning gravy over the chicken like a warm bath.
- best served with steamed green beans.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
The invincible beer can chicken.
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.