If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Hands down this is my ultimate comfort food. Served all day on the streets, though eaten mostly during breakfast and all throughout daytime. This one meal dish is stir-fried quickly and gobbled down even quicker. Pork, chilies, a few sauces thrown in, finishing with a big generous handful of thai basil, and topping off with a fried egg and a splash of fish chili sauce onto the rice. (Making it at home, I like to put the additional red/yellow bell pepper for color and nutrition) —FrancesRenHuang
- 300 grams of ground beef (can substitute with any other meat)
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 3 to 5 thai chilies, chopped
- 3 to 5 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 cup thai basil leaves, packed
- Generous pinch of ground white pepper
- 1 fried egg per person, finishing with a dash of soy sauce
Fish chili sauce
- 2 to 3 thai chilies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup spring water
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped (optional)
- Make the chili sauce, combine and set aside.
- Heat the woke with 1 tbsp of oil, when oil just starts to smoke, add garlic, chili, sugar and onion; stir-fry until onions are soft and golden brown.
- Add meat and stir-fry for around 5 minutes; add soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, and stir-fry until meat is well-cooked, another 2~3 minutes; take off heat and throw in basil leaves, stir-fry until well combined and wilted.
- Garnish with ground white pepper and serve with a fried egg over thai jasmine rice. Accompany with fish sauce as needed.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
Less Ingredients, Less Problems
Our favorite recipes with just 3 ingredients (or less!)
Our favorite 3-ingredient (or fewer!) recipes.
Get your kitchen clutter under control.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Get baking this Labor Day.
Storage made crystal clear.