If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was making pork tacos and thought they looked so thin and sad without some nice summer tomatoes. I looked around the kitchen. I had a big bag of clementines on the counter and olives in the fridge. I figured that would make a perfect winter substitution. The olives, citrus, and pork are a great combination and I don't miss the tomatoes at all. —leigh frat
- 1 pork butt (boneless) about 3 pounds
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 14 ounces fire roasted tomatoes (canned)
- 1 chipolte pepper
- 1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
- 6 clementines peeled and sliced
- 20 pitted olives (chopped)
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 packet corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut up the pork butt into large pieces.
- Add water, orange juice, one whole onion peeled, three cloves garlic peeled, 2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Cook, covered, at a simmer for one hour. Until pork is tender and pulls apart.
- Remove pork from the liquid. Drain, but reserve 1 1/2 cups liquid.
- Shred pork.
- Slice one onion and chop one clove garlic. Saute both in olive oil until soft. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the can of fire roasted tomatoes, chipolte , the reserved liquid, 2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to the onion garlic mixture. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Add the cilantro to the tomato sauce and also add all but 1/2 cup of tomato sauce to the pork.
- Heat the tortillas. Mix the clementines and olives together.
- Fill your tacos how you likes them. Add the pork and clementine olive mixture into the corn tortillas. Top with some tomato sauce and fresh chopped cilantro too.
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.