Author Notes: This savory dish is one I make often. It pairs well with fish, scallops, pork, or duck. One pan is all it takes to get a lovely caramelization on veggies and meat. - Becky4T
- 2 Minniola oranges
- 12 Kalamata olives with pits
- 1 Fennel bulb
- 2 tablespoons sliced onion
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 roasted garlic cloves
- 12 ounces Rockfish fillet
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 splash spanish olive oil
- pinches Sea Salt
- In a lg skillet, begin to saute onions in 2 Tbl. olive oil.
- Slice the fennel bulb,placing the 2 "center cuts" in to the pan with the onions, slicing remaining fennel more thinly. Add to pan. Add the whole olives. Saute all til well caramelized, stirring frequently,about 10 min.
- Meanwhile zest minniolas and set aside for garnish. Cut each in half and add juice of 3 halves squeezing juice over veggies. Using a grapefruit spoon, section out the remaining half. Lay sections on sauteed veggies. Push veggies to side of pan.
- Add remaining 2 Tble. olive oil to cleared side. Place rockfish fillet skin side up, for 5 min. Gently flip fish and cook for 8 more minutes. The flesh side should be nicely caramelized from the veggies.
- Divide veggies and rockfish fillet onto 2 plates placing fennel so it is backdrop for olives, orange segments.
- Spoon 2 Tble. yogurt between fish and veggies and splash high quality olive oil on all. Sprinkle the minniola zest over all. Sea Salt to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives