If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious variation of this recipe is you can split the single layer in two and fill it with whipping cream with a bit of sugar and a dash of brandy. - Cuoca Marchisio
Makes 1 cake
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fruity olive oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1/2 cup sliced, toasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2-3 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F. Line a cake pans with parchment paper.
- Whisk together first four ingredients.
- Whisk eggs and sugar together for 1 minute. Add oil, milk, and zest. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Bake for 25 minutes, and cool for 20 minutes. Toast (and candy if desired) almonds for 8 minutes.
- To serve: coat the sides and 1 inch rim with marmalade and almonds. (You might need to warm the marmalade with a little water in the microwave for a few seconds so it spreads more easily). Dust the top with the confectioner's sugar.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
Good day, sunshine.