Author Notes: I woke up thinking about buttermilk cookies. I have never tasted a buttermilk cookie and have never seen a recipe for such a cookie. It was just a dream that I decided I needed to make come true. - dymnyno
Serves makes 2 dozen
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped
- Whisk together the butter and the sugars.(You can use a stand mixer)
- Add the flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla and mix.
- Add 1 cup of the walnuts and mix.
- Spoon drop the cookies on a silcone or parchment lined cookie sheet and sprinkle and press extra walnuts on each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes.