If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Duck prosciutto Made according to Ruhlman's book is a secret weapon in this soup. The fat melts away and the duck meat is tender and sublimely flavorful. It is the best lentil soup that I have ever made. Making the duck prosciutto was fun and easy. Don't be tempted to add other herbs and spices. The duck prosciutto does ALL the work! I made a very thick soup, but you can add some more water to thin it out a bit if you wish.
*****Note: If you don't make your own duck prosciutto, I have seen it at Dean & Deluca. - dymnyno
- 1 cup beluga lentils
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup yellow onion, medium dice
- 1 stalk celery, medium dice
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cup canned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup duck breast prosciutto, cubed
- Saute the onions, celery and carrots in a little olive oil.
- Add the lentils and cover with the water.
- After the lentils are cooked (about 20 minutes) add more water to soup consistency.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Add the prosciutto.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Charcuterie / The Charcutepalooza Grand Prize Challenge