Author Notes: This fondue comes from my love of tomatoes, and the abundance of them in the summertime. Their is not a better dish served with Italian or French bread squares. This is a simply great party dish! - BeverlyD
- 6 cups Diced Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Yellow onion sliced
- 1/4 cup Celery, small diced
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 pinch Ground cumin
- 1 pinch Red pepper flakes
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon Orange zest
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Pepper
- Heat the pan to medium heat. Add olive oil, onions, and celery. Cook until soft and transparent.
- Add garlic, cumin, red pepper flakes and bay leaf and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and reduce heat to simmer. Add orange zest. Stir occasionally from bottom. Cook till reduced by 1/3 its original volume. Season the fondue with salt and pepper.
- After cooking, stir before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fondue
Tags: serves a crowd