If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it
Author Notes: I used store bough pesto and pizza dough, but if you have the time, home made would be even better. I used 3 types of cheeses to add some diversity and at the last minute cracked two eggs on the pizza. Delicious! - Megan Mitchell
Makes 1 pizza
- 1 Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup White Aged Cheddar
- 1/2 cup Italian Fontina
- 1/4 cup Manchego Cheese
- 1/2 cup Pesto
- 2-4 Whole Eggs
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 430 and lightly dust a cookie sheet with flour.
- On a lightly floured surface roll pizza dough into a rectangle or whatever shape you desire. Transfer dough to cookie sheet.
- Evenly spread the pesto all over the pizza. Even to the edges, not leaving a border.
- Begin grating the cheese with a Microplane zester/grater over the pizza. Do this with all three cheeses.
- Make 2-4 small wells in the cheese and crack 1 egg in each well. Salt and pepper the eggs. It is best to use fresh eggs in this recipe so the whites don't spread too much.
- Place pizza in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes depending on how crispy you like your pizza. The cheese should be bubbly and the egg whites should be set but the yolks will still be runny.