If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a fun to make and fun to eat dish. It is easy to pull together and makes a lovely presentation. - katiebakes
- 1 (22-ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained very well
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Spring mix or spinach
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, about 6-8 minutes. Remove bacon from skillet and set aside, reserving drippings in skillet (should be about 2 tablespoons).
- To hot drippings, add onion and saute 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and saute 1 minute. Stir in wine and vinegar, and cook 2 minutes, stirring to loosen any particles from bottom of skillet. Stir in broth, edamame, tomatoes, capers, artichokes, and cooked tortellini; cook 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Arrange desired amount of lettuce/spinach on a large serving plater (about 2 1/2-ounces). Pour hot tortellini mixture evenly over lettuce, top with crumbled bacon, and garnish with freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Serve immediately.