Author Notes: This is a fun to make and fun to eat dish. It is easy to pull together and makes a lovely presentation. - katiebakes
- 1 (22-ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained very well
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Spring mix or spinach
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, about 6-8 minutes. Remove bacon from skillet and set aside, reserving drippings in skillet (should be about 2 tablespoons).
- To hot drippings, add onion and saute 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and saute 1 minute. Stir in wine and vinegar, and cook 2 minutes, stirring to loosen any particles from bottom of skillet. Stir in broth, edamame, tomatoes, capers, artichokes, and cooked tortellini; cook 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Arrange desired amount of lettuce/spinach on a large serving plater (about 2 1/2-ounces). Pour hot tortellini mixture evenly over lettuce, top with crumbled bacon, and garnish with freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Serve immediately.