If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: During harvest, Napa Valley, where I live, is buzzing with energy. Trucks overflowing with grapes fill the roads, tractors slide along the edge of vineyards, and grape pickers move among the vines. And the olive trees are heavy with a harvest that will follow the grapes. This one-pot dish makes use of mixed olives and is super easy to make.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 6 Yukon potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups good-quality chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed olives
- Combine the flour, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir to blend. Add the chicken and mix to evenly coat it. Melt the butter with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a 4-quart, high-sided saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning often, until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan and heat over medium-low heat. Add the onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Return the chicken to the pot and add the wine. Cook until reduced by half. Stir in the stock. and bring to a boil. Add the potatoes and return to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook on a medium simmer, uncovered until the potatoes are tender, 30 to 40 minutes. Stir in the chopped olives and serve in a large bowl.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Stew with Olives
Beet Greens Can't be Beat
The summer braise worth turning on the oven for
Beet greens can't be beat.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.