Author Notes: Polenta is high on my list of comfort foods, especially when it is made with time and care. Using stone, coarse ground cornmeal is the only way to go, it can not compare to instant. I serve this with braised meats or stews. - ADRIENE
- 2 cups cornmeal (stone, coarse ground)
- 6 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons chicken boulion granuals
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- salt & pepper
- Bring the milk up to a boil in a large heavy pot. Make sure the milk does not scorch on the bottom.
- Add the cormeal in and whisk into the milk. Keep the heat on medium and keep whisking until it comes to a boil. Once it comes to a boil turn the heat down to low.
- It will take around 30 minutes or so until it is cooked through. Continue to whisk periodically or the polenta will burn and stick to the bottom.
- Whisk in the parmesan and butter. Add salt and pepper to taste.