If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mother would make this delectable dessert, based on her mother's recipe (unwritten, of course). —romanolikethecheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 12 oz ounces evaporated milk
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 14 oz whole milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla (good quality)
- caramelize 1/2 cup sugar in small skillet. Pour into baking dish (w/ cover) to coat bottom.
- Beat eggs lightly. Slowly add 1 cup sugar until dissolved. Add the three milks and vanilla. Beat 2 minutes, slowly. Pour custard into prepared baking dish. Set in hot water bath (water about half way up sides of baking dish). Put on lowest rack of oven. Set oven to 350 degrees. Bake 1 hour + 20 minutes. Cool 1 hr. Carefully invert pan onto serving dish with sides. (Caramel is hot liquid and will coat flan). Hint: I cool flan in baking dish and put in fridge for 24 hrs. Then I invert onto lovely serving dish and serve. Seems to be more delectable when cold.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.