Author Notes: I prepare this bruschetta along with a more traditional tomato or red pepper bruschetta and serve on a wooden cutting board when hosting dinner parties. The assortment of colors between the 2 types adds an easy elegance. Pairs very well with bubbly! - susankuess
Serves 18 slices
- 18 slices (1 inch thick) italian baguette
- 4 granny smith apples, chopped
- 8 ounces Fig Spread
- 8 ounces brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place bread on a cookie sheet and brush each piece lightly with olive oil. Bake for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until bread turns golden and crisp. Remove cookie sheet from oven.
- Spread one side of each piece of bread with the fig spread. Next, top the bread with the sliced apples. Finish the bread by draping the brie slices over the top of each slice of bread.
- With the oven on broil, return the fully created slices to the oven just until the brie starts to bubble or about 3-4 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fig Recipe
Tags: dinner party