If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2.5 cups whipping cream
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- Bring to a simmer over low heat the whipping cream.
- Add the sugar and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes
- Take off the heat and add the juice and zest of 2 lemons. It should start to thicken almost immediately.
- Taste and add more lemon juice if not tart enough. It should taste sweet, creamy and tart at the same time.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then spoon into serving dishes or stemware if you are using this as your serving medium.
- Cover the surface with cling film to stop a skin from forming and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight to allow to set.
- Serve with plain butter cookies or shortbreads.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
Monte Cristo: the Sandwich Hybrid of Your Dreams
French toast and ham and cheese? Yes, please
Monte Cristo: a breakfast-lunch hybrid.
The new Food52 office.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
Freestyle berry jam.