Author Notes: I would like to recommend that you not let the strawberry season go by without making this dessert but since strawberries are so readily available year round, I would have to say if you are looking for a simple, yet delicious end to your meal this will absolutely stand the test of time. - foodfanatic
- 1 can full cream sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon good vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Combine the condensed milk and lemon juice in a food processor until the milk thickens slightly.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of strawberries for garnish and blend the remaining strawberries with the condensed milk mixture.
- Add the mascarpone and vanilla extract and blend well.
- Whip the cream in a separate bowl until thick. Fold the cheese mixture into the whipped cream.
- Pour into a glass bowl or individual glasses, cover with plastic wrap and chill.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding