Author Notes: These are by far the best brownies I’ve EVER made. Seriously. I don’t know how I limited myself to just one. I think I just want them to last longer.
For my full thoughts on this recipe, check out the original blog post: http://www.savvyeat.com/clementine-cutie-brownies/ - SavvyJulie
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon clementine zest (zest of appx 2 clementines)
- 3 tablespoons clementine juice (juice of 1 clementine)
- 1 tablespoon triple sec (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate with the olive oil, stirring often.
- When the chocolate is completely melted, pour into a large mixing bowl. Add the zest, juice, triple sec and extracts and stir.
- Stir in the flour, brown rice syrup and brown sugar until completely mixed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×9″ baking pan. Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool before cutting into squares.