Author Notes: This is a pudding my mom made often when I was growing up. We all loved it, and when copying some of my mom's recipes it was the first one I grabbed. The pudding is made with homemade graham nuts (using graham flour) or Grape-Nuts cereal is a good substitute. It makes a nice brunch dish in addition to a dessert. - BlueKaleRoad
- 1/2 cup homemade graham nuts or Grape-Nuts cereal
- 4 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 1 1/2 quart casserole and place in a roasting pan. Have boiling water ready to pour in pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all the ingredients. Pour into the prepared casserole. Pour boiling water in the roasting pan until it reaches about halfway up the casserole.
- Bake for 1 1/4 hours. The pudding will be set but still jiggle a bit. Remove it from the roasting pan to cool. It can be eaten warm or put in the refrigerator to chill for the next day. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding