If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a pudding my mom made often when I was growing up. We all loved it, and when copying some of my mom's recipes it was the first one I grabbed. The pudding is made with homemade graham nuts (using graham flour) or Grape-Nuts cereal is a good substitute. It makes a nice brunch dish in addition to a dessert. - BlueKaleRoad
- 1/2 cup homemade graham nuts or Grape-Nuts cereal
- 4 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 1 1/2 quart casserole and place in a roasting pan. Have boiling water ready to pour in pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all the ingredients. Pour into the prepared casserole. Pour boiling water in the roasting pan until it reaches about halfway up the casserole.
- Bake for 1 1/4 hours. The pudding will be set but still jiggle a bit. Remove it from the roasting pan to cool. It can be eaten warm or put in the refrigerator to chill for the next day. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding