If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Found it online and modified it to our taste. - ZakS
- 2 full eggs
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- Meyer lemon zest (I use however many lemons 1/3 cup takes)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1-2 tablespoons raw sugar per custard
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Boil water in a pot on stove
- Whisk two eggs, egg yolks and sugar and beat until light yellow and firm.
- Add heavy cream, Meyer lemon zest and lemon juice, and fold together.
- Line a deep baking dish with a paper towel, place six ramekins inside on top of paper and ladle mixture evenly between ramekins.
- Pour water into baking dish as a warm water bath for the custard to cook in, halfway up the ramekins and place in the middle rack of the oven for 40-50 min. Edges should be firm when done, but middle should be wobbly.
- Take out and let cool outside in water bath. Refrigerate.
- Before serving, add 1-2 tablespoons of sugar in the row on top of each custard, swirl sugar to coat custard completely, and caramelize in broiler mode until sugar bubbles (or use a torch).
- Re-refrigerate or serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding