If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe combines my two favorite flavours into a silky, sumptuous desert. Enjoy! —goodforbusiness
- 4 cups whole milk, divided (or 2 cups whole milk and 2 cups cream... use skim or 2% or your pudding will taste watery)
- 1/2 teaspoon lavender buds, lightly crushed
- 1 Vanilla pod
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 egg yolks
- In a 2 or 3 quart saucepan, add 2 cups of milk, the lavender and the vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped into the milk. Warm over medium heat until the milk is hot but not boiling. Set aside to infuse for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 cups of milk and the yolks. Add yolk mixture to cornstarch mixture, whisking thoroughly to eliminate any lumps.
- Strain the warm milk mixture and discard the lavender and vanilla pod. Gradually whisk the vanilla and lavender infused milk into the rest of the ingredients before returning the pudding to the saucepan. Bring to a boil, and cook 2 minutes or until thick, whisking constantly.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
How to Eat Cookies for Breakfast
Well, cookie butter that is
Eat cookies for breakfast.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
It's time to travel.
The sauce savior.
Put cake on a pedestal.