If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When my backyard Bosc pear tree is ready for picking I have a variety of uses and this favorite is idea inspired by a yogurt baked pudding recipe acquired from an old co-worker; it is modified to my taste, using Greek style honey yogurt, nutmeg and almond extract. A delicious dessert, but my preference is to have it for breakfast!
RE: the prior comments - when first posted, I was recuperating from throat surgery.
- 3 Juicy Bosc pears - cored and cubed, reserve the pear's juice (or see "tagged" pear varities)
- (fresh pear alternate = 1 15-ounce can pear halves, reserve the syrup - cubed)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Fresh grated nutmeg
- Pinches of sea salt
- 1/3 cup AP flour
- 1/4 cup clover honey
- 1/2 cup whole milk Greek style honey yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 baking dish with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Core and chop the pears into cubes, then add to the baking dish. Reserve the juice (or a couple tablespoons of canned syrup) until needed.
- Grate fresh nutmeg over the pears and sprinkle with a couple pinches of sea salt.
- In a blender or food processor combine the flour, honey, yogurt, eggs, extracts and reserved pear juice (or 2 tbl canned syrup) – blend or process until smooth. Pour the batter over the pears. Sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. or until the center is set when shaken – gently.
- Cool on a wire rack about 30 minutes. Serve warm.
- Spoon the pudding into decorative dessert dishes. Top with whip cream – optional.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Behind the scenes.
Recipe of the Day
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Stop the soap opera.