Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from the cookbook, Aromas of Aleppo, by Poopa Dweck. Al Mazieh is served at festive occasions such as weddings & engagement parties. The texture is like jello and is very light and cooling and the rose water makes it very aromatic. - Joy Betesh
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled, peeled and blanched
- 1/2 cup almonds, blanched and peeled
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon rose water
- In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch, sugar and the water till cornstarch is dissolved.
- Cook mixture over medium to high heat, stirring with a wooden spoon. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally till mixture resembles a pudding like consistency.
- Add the pistachios, almonds and rosewater to saucepan, stirring til well blended.
- Pour the pudding into a non stick jello mold or glass bowl. Let the pudding cool and then refrigerate uncovered for two hours or longer.
- Unmold onto plate and garnish with pistachios & almonds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
Tags: special occasion