If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from the cookbook, Aromas of Aleppo, by Poopa Dweck. Al Mazieh is served at festive occasions such as weddings & engagement parties. The texture is like jello and is very light and cooling and the rose water makes it very aromatic. —Joy Betesh
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled, peeled and blanched
- 1/2 cup almonds, blanched and peeled
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoons rose water
- In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch, sugar and the water till cornstarch is dissolved.
- Cook mixture over medium to high heat, stirring with a wooden spoon. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally till mixture resembles a pudding like consistency.
- Add the pistachios, almonds and rosewater to saucepan, stirring til well blended.
- Pour the pudding into a non stick jello mold or glass bowl. Let the pudding cool and then refrigerate uncovered for two hours or longer.
- Unmold onto plate and garnish with pistachios & almonds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
More Great Recipes: Desserts