If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this bread pudding recipe last fall, and it automatically made it onto my list of easy favorites.
The tang of the cream cheese topping is just enough to balance out the sweetness from the fruit butter and maple syrup.
- 20 pieces whole wheat or honey wheat bread, diced
- 4 carrots, shredded
- 8 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup fruit butter (apple or pumpkin would great)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Dice bread and toss with carrots.
- Put bread and carrot mixture into greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Dollop cream cheese on top and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs with milk, cream, orange juice, maple syrup, butter, pumpkin/apple butter, vanilla, and spices.
- Pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.
- While bread pudding is still hot, spread the cream cheese out over the top of the entire dish.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup (optional, but delicious).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Freeze It Right There
Meet your herby, stir-fry savior.
The stir-fry savior.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
You won't be board with this game.