If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I decided to host a World Cup party last year with a dish from each of the countries in Group C. England, the U.S., and Slovenia were fairly easy, but I had no idea what would represent Algeria. Extensive Googling led me to a recipe from an Algerian chef; with a few tweaks, it became my favorite dish of the day. I'm not crazy about fennel, but it works really well here. - mg2157
- 5-6 large carrots
- 2 bulbs fennel
- 1/3 cup good green olives, chopped
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- zest of one lemon
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Shred carrots in food processor or with mandoline. Repeat process with fennel. Toss fennel, carrots and sun-dried tomatoes together in large bowl.
- In medium bowl, whisk together chopped olives, olive oil, vinegar, lemon zest and smoked paprika.
- Pour dressing over vegetable mixture and toss to combine. Just before serving, stir in parsley and taste for seasoning.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe