If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This easy side dish is simply delicious! The maple syrup and vanilla soymilk really highlight the natural sweetness of the carrots. If you do not want to use the soymilk, substitute regular milk. - katiebakes
- 2 pounds baby carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup vanilla soy-milk
- salt, to taste
- Place carrots in a medium size saucepan. Add water to cover and sprinkle with salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat slightly and continue to boil until very tender (15-20 minutes). Drain well.
- Return carrots to pot and add butter, maple syrup, soy-milk, and salt to taste. Using a potato masher or immersion blender, mash carrots until mostly smooth. Reheat on medium low heat until heated through.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.