If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When we lived in London, I discovered runner beans. They have a wonderful flavor and somehow a small looking bunch seems to turn into a good-sized side dish. this is a simple preperation, with a few varriations. I sometimes add tomatoes, but not always. The dish does need a touch of acid, which teh tomatoes will give it, but a splash of vinegar is good. —innoabrd
- 1 bunch runner beans
- 3 thick slices of pancetta or good quality bacon
- 1 onion
- 1 can of chopped Italian tomatoes (optional)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- Slice the beans thinly along the bias.
- In a saute pan, cook the pancetta/bacon over medium/high heat to render the fat, but not crisp.
- Add the onion and saute until translucent.
- Add the beans and turn a few times to coat. Add the tomatoes as well, if using.
- Add the water, vinegar and salt and pepper, quickly cover and turn the heat to low.
- Cook, covered, for 7-10 minutes, until the beans are cooked through, but still have some crunch. Adjust the seasoning and serve.
A Bagel & Lox, In Salad Form
This is (crème) fraîche
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Churn with confidence.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.