Author Notes: I became a big fan of grated carrot salads on study abroad in Paris - I think I ate it for lunch every other day. This is my Thai version. I sometimes add cucumber, green mango and lump crab to make it a main course, but I like it with just carrot as a side to a simply prepared seafood. - VanessaS
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 1/2 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Grate garlic and ginger with a microplane into a small bowl. Add lime zest, juice, soy sauce, fish sauce and sugar and mix. Leave to sit for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine carrots and cilantro. Toss with dressing and garnish with chopped peanuts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe