If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love carrots, and I love hummus. It just made sense to me that they'd work together, so I tried it. And they did! In a true fusion meal, I spread some of it on a piece of naan I'd brought home from the Indian restaurant, folded it over, and it made a great light lunch. - Kayb
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- kosher salt, to taste
- Aleppo pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- Peel carrots (or not, as you choose), and cut into half-inch chunks; steam or boil until al dente, but not mushy-soft. Remove from heat and cool enough to touch comfortably.
- Combine everything except the salt, aleppo pepper and olive oil in a food processor. Blend until it reaches the degree of smoothness you want, adding oil gradually as needed.
- Taste and season with salt and Aleppo pepper to your taste.
- Serve with fresh veggies, flatbread of your choice, or as a filling for lettuce wraps.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.