Author Notes: I have featured carrots with a few choice friends to season and roast together. - Sagegreen
- 4 organic carrots, peeled
- 1 parsnip, peeled
- 1 golden beet, peeled
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced and de-seeded
- 1 Spanish or Vidalia onion, peeled and quartered
- 6 cloves of garlic, whole
- 1 Meyer lemon, quartered
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- sprinkle of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh milled pepper
- olive oil
- Meyer lemon wedges
- dill for garnish
- Cut the carrots and parsnip into 4 inch lengths. Then quarter lengthwise. Slice the beets and quarter the onion. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat the bottom of a large shallow pan with olive oil. Arrange all the vegetables and lemon in the pan in a single layer. Sprinkle the salt, pepper, and spice on top. Turn the veggies over and around to coat with oil on all sides.
- Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes until browned on the outside and cooked through. Midway turn the veggies over. Serve as a side. Squeeze lemon juice on top and garnish with fresh dill. Brown rice and teff cooked in carrot juice are featured with these roasted veggies.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe