If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have featured carrots with a few choice friends to season and roast together. - Sagegreen
- 4 organic carrots, peeled
- 1 parsnip, peeled
- 1 golden beet, peeled
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced and de-seeded
- 1 Spanish or Vidalia onion, peeled and quartered
- 6 cloves of garlic, whole
- 1 Meyer lemon, quartered
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- sprinkle of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh milled pepper
- olive oil
- Meyer lemon wedges
- dill for garnish
- Cut the carrots and parsnip into 4 inch lengths. Then quarter lengthwise. Slice the beets and quarter the onion. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat the bottom of a large shallow pan with olive oil. Arrange all the vegetables and lemon in the pan in a single layer. Sprinkle the salt, pepper, and spice on top. Turn the veggies over and around to coat with oil on all sides.
- Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes until browned on the outside and cooked through. Midway turn the veggies over. Serve as a side. Squeeze lemon juice on top and garnish with fresh dill. Brown rice and teff cooked in carrot juice are featured with these roasted veggies.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Egyptian Street Food at Home
Spend quality time with The Cairo Kitchen.
The Cairo Kitchen
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.