Author Notes: My mother (of blessed memory) made this Carrot Pudding for all her special occasion meals. - Lee Zoloto
Serves 8- 10
Preping ingredients - get everything ready
- 1 1/4 cup Shortening/butter, (I use half of each)
- 3/4 cups brown sugar, dark is best
- 1 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 lemon, rind and juice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup AP flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- Melt shortening and butter together and allow to cool.. Add brown sugar, carrots and beaten eggs. Sift all dry ingredients together before adding to wet ingredients. Mix till just blended. Sprinkle a well greased 7" (six cup) ring mold with plain bread crumbs (Panko would work). Put batter into ring mold and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until nicely browned. Should be served slightly warm.
After filling ring mold, batter may be refrigerated overnight until ready to bake or frozen for later use.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe