If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mother (of blessed memory) made this Carrot Pudding for all her special occasion meals. —Lee Zoloto
Serves 8- 10
Preping ingredients - get everything ready
- 1 1/4 cups Shortening/butter, (I use half of each)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, dark is best
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 lemon, rind and juice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- Melt shortening and butter together and allow to cool.. Add brown sugar, carrots and beaten eggs. Sift all dry ingredients together before adding to wet ingredients. Mix till just blended. Sprinkle a well greased 7" (six cup) ring mold with plain bread crumbs (Panko would work). Put batter into ring mold and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until nicely browned. Should be served slightly warm.
After filling ring mold, batter may be refrigerated overnight until ready to bake or frozen for later use.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Put cake on a pedestal.