Author Notes: My hubby loves pork fried rice, but we always order it prepared special: with pork, eggs, scallions, and lots of bean sprouts, no other vegetables. I even like bean sprouts so much I buy a bag of fresh ones and add it at hoem to the fried rice i bought.
There are usually some leftovers and when I have a half or whole cup leftover I make a fritatta out of it .
Sometimes there is a bit of leftover diced pork or shrimp or chicken...whatever ...pea pods or peppers you name it.
I add it all to the mix to make my own version onf a Chinese Fritatta and it is absolutely scrumptious.
Serves 2 generously
- 1 cup Pork fried rice (or any flavor you ordered!)
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced celery
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 4 eggs whisked smooth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, toasted
- Mix fried rice leftovers with the bean sprouts. Set aside
- melt butter and sesame oil in pan and add onion, pepper, celery and stir fry until soft.
- Add rice and sprouts mixture. Stir fry until heated through.
- Add eggs mixture. You can use a teaspoon of water or milk of you like but I do not.
- Brown as a frittata on bottom, turn whole thing onto a plate and return to pan and brown other side. hey- sometimes it breaks...who cares? I flip each piece and voila 2 or more servings made!
- Sreve with crispy toast or english muffins and enjoy!