If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My hubby loves pork fried rice, but we always order it prepared special: with pork, eggs, scallions, and lots of bean sprouts, no other vegetables. I even like bean sprouts so much I buy a bag of fresh ones and add it at hoem to the fried rice i bought.
There are usually some leftovers and when I have a half or whole cup leftover I make a fritatta out of it .
Sometimes there is a bit of leftover diced pork or shrimp or chicken...whatever ...pea pods or peppers you name it.
I add it all to the mix to make my own version onf a Chinese Fritatta and it is absolutely scrumptious.
Serves 2 generously
- 1 cup Pork fried rice (or any flavor you ordered!)
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced celery
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 4 eggs whisked smooth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, toasted
- Mix fried rice leftovers with the bean sprouts. Set aside
- melt butter and sesame oil in pan and add onion, pepper, celery and stir fry until soft.
- Add rice and sprouts mixture. Stir fry until heated through.
- Add eggs mixture. You can use a teaspoon of water or milk of you like but I do not.
- Brown as a frittata on bottom, turn whole thing onto a plate and return to pan and brown other side. hey- sometimes it breaks...who cares? I flip each piece and voila 2 or more servings made!
- Sreve with crispy toast or english muffins and enjoy!
Our Latest #f52contest
Show us your back-pocket baked goods
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
The dreamiest foods around.
We've got the (summer) blues.
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
Have a ball (jar).