If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This beautifully colored soup is a nice variation on traditional chicken soup and the almonds and ginger add a modern touch. - foodfanatic
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 pound carrots, juliened
- 1 medium yam
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cups chicken broth, preferably homemade
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, peeled ( about 1/2 inch in size )
- Saute the onion, carrots and yam in a large pot until golden and softened.
- Add the stock and ginger and simmer with the lid on until all the vegetables are soft.
- Puree in a blender and adjust the seasoning.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup fine matzo meal
- 1/3 cake to 1/2 cup white grape juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Mix together the ground almond, vegetable oil, ginger and one tsp of sugar.
- Beat the eggs and add to the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the matzo meal and grape juice and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons of kosher salt , 1 tablespoon of sugar and a knob of fresh ginger.
- Turn the heat down to low and drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the water. Gently boil for 35 minutes without removing the lid.
- Turn off the stove and leave the matzo balls in the water for a few minutes to prevent them from shrinking and hardening.
- Serve immediately with the soup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.