Author Notes: This recipe dates back to Italy and my Italian Grandmother. It was a staple in my house growing up and the only way I could stand to eat carrots. To this day, I'm not the biggest carrot fan, but I can't pass up the familiar taste of my grandma's garlicky carrot salad.
This dish is easy to make, colorful and healthy, and complements a gourmet menu or a southern barbecue. - 2eatwellRD
- 6-8 carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- pepper to taste
- Peel and cut carrots into small sticks.
- Boil carrots until fork tender. Drain.
- While carrots are boiling, make dressing. Mix together salt, pepper, minced garlic, fresh parsley, olive oil and vinegar.
- Mix carrots with dressing and refrigerate until cold. For best flavor, make 3-4 hours before serving or the night before. Store in refrigerator until serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe