Author Notes: I have a 3 year old who loves pancakes so I am always making new pancake creations. This one is a healthy pancake version of an indulgent carrot cake. - Amyscookingadventures
Makes 20 pancakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/3 cup lowfat or soy milk
- 1/2 cup pureed carrots
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces French Vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Whisk together the flours, wheat germ, flax, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, pureed carrots, honey, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Pour liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Heat a large non stick skillet to medium-high heat. Pour batter onto the hot skillet using a heaping 2 tablespoon scoop.
- Cook until bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the pancakes and the bottoms turn golden-brown, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until golden, an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve topped with French vanilla yogurt and chopped walnuts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe