If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have a 3 year old who loves pancakes so I am always making new pancake creations. This one is a healthy pancake version of an indulgent carrot cake. —Amyscookingadventures
Makes 20 pancakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/3 cups lowfat or soy milk
- 1/2 cup pureed carrots
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces French Vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Whisk together the flours, wheat germ, flax, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, pureed carrots, honey, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Pour liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Heat a large non stick skillet to medium-high heat. Pour batter onto the hot skillet using a heaping 2 tablespoon scoop.
- Cook until bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the pancakes and the bottoms turn golden-brown, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until golden, an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve topped with French vanilla yogurt and chopped walnuts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Cut to the Chase
How to take care of your cutting boards
Take care of your cutting boards.
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Un-junk your closet (or hide it).
Get your shine on.