If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was originally created by my brother-in-law Marty, close to 20 years ago. It has been on my list of top five easy and yummy recipes I've made all these years. What I find amazing is that I've never seen carrots as the primary ingredient of a pasta sauce. This is so simple and so good. The other savory ingredients balance the sweetness of the carrots. It can be used with any type of pasta. Sometimes we add sliced Italian sausages. Enjoy! - greathill
- 1 Large onion
- 5 Good sized carrots
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup White wine
- 1 tablespoon Tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Add olive oil to a large frying-type pan. Turn heat to medium high
- Using a food processor, finely pulse/chop the onion and add to the pan. Cook until soft.
- Using the same food processor, finely pulse/chop the carrots and garlic and add to the onions on the stove. Cook together with some salt for 5 minutes.
- Add stock and let it reduce down. Add wine and let it cook down. Add tomato paste and stir it in. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook this all on low while the pasta water boils and cooks.
- Put your pasta water onto boil.
- That's it! Pour the sauce over the pasta (I like angel hair, penne, linguini, whatever is in the cupboard) and add lots of parm cheese if you like it. You can also add sliced Italian sausages if you like.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe